My Entire Medium Personal Essay Collection
My personal essays are giving y’all the real, deal Holyfield on lessons I’ve learned throughout my life.
If you’re looking to laugh, cry, or get served some scorching hot tea — you’re in the right place. Make sure to bookmark this; I’ll update it every time I write a new one.
- “Why Black Representation in Writing Matters”
- “How Being a Gifted Child Destroyed My Mental Health”
- “Why I Hate Being Called Cute”
- “Here’s How 2020 Changed My Writing Forever”
- “I’m a Black Writer — Here’s How I’m Fighting the White Gaze”
- “Why I Read YA Books as an Adult — And You Should Too”
- “I Hated My Dark Skin Because Hip Hop Told Me To”
- “How Brandy’s ‘Cinderella’ Reminded Me Black Girls Can Be Princesses Too”
- “Why is Hollywood Afraid to Show Black Women Being Loved?”
- “My Childhood Journal Proves I Haven’t Changed in 14 Years”
- “This Album Helped Me Overcome My Social Anxiety”