- I’ve added stretches to my morning routine, following the Women’s Health article “How To Do The Splits Without Hurting Yourself In Just A Few Weeks”. It’s just over a week. I’m not at the Doja Cat split level of flexibility yet. But, by my birthday (in August), I’m finna be doing the splits on beat too. Just watch.
2. A month ago, I bought a fidget bubble popper from a local department store. As someone who’s chronically on her phone/computer, I’ve developed a need to keep my hands busy at all times. This bubble popper, as simple as it is soothes that need.
3. I’ve been rewatching Degrassi: The Next Generation on HBOMax. What an iconic show. It truly has influenced so much of my writing and broken so many boundaries. Iconic.
4. I’ve clocked in 50 hours in Kingdom Hearts 2, since I started replaying it a few months ago. Side note: Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of the best video games of all time. Don’t argue with me. Argue with yo’ momma. I beat the secret boss Sephiroth about a week ago, for the first time ever, even though the game came out almost 17 years ago. My inner child screamed with joy.
5. I’m currently looking for a new protective style. I’ve got tons of Kanekalon hair just sitting around, and it’s time to make something shake. I’m considering the Beyonce-inspired “Lemonade” braids or Fulani braids. Both require that I get someone else to help me, since I’m a member of the BGWCCC (Black Girls Who Can’t Cornrow Club)